blazeloader.com | The Official BlazeLoader forums!

LiteLoader rewrite has officially begun!

This is news for BlazeLoader API, BlazeLoader website, and the BlazeLoader Forums

LiteLoader rewrite has officially begun!

Postby acomputerdog » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:12 am

With some help from Mumfrey, I was finally able to get LiteLoader properly set up and running! So I am now in the process of rewriting BL to work with LL, which is going to require some serious changes. At this point BL is going to require so many changes that for now pretty much any design decision can be rethought. The rewrite is going to take some time before I can even get it onto github, so if you have any suggestions please tell me so that I can work them in! Also because this is such a big change I decided to reset the versioning, so when this is done BlazeLoader can be released at version 1.0.0!

Here is some basic info about the changes (mostly unimplemented, subject to change):
  • Mod class replaced with interface BLMod
  • BLMod extends LiteMod, which means that all BL mods are also LL mods and can use the functionality of both system!
  • A lot of old and redundant packages are removed/refactored
  • BL events that overlap LL events are removed
  • ModLoader now injects into LL's ModLoader instead of directly loading mods
  • ClassTransformer no longer replaces complete classes, it now uses ASM hooks to load BL!
  • Versioning system redesigned, all BL components have a version and Version.class serves as a hub for everything with a version number.
  • Several Mod methods are removed/merged
This is all subject to change, so if you have any suggestions, comments, or concerns please tell!
Last edited by acomputerdog on Thu Apr 17, 2014 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
acomputerdog
Owner

Re: LiteLoader rewrite has officially begun!

Postby SeamusFD » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:56 am

Great!! I hope to see great things in the future!!
SeamusFD/Lord_Elfidorian, Twitter: https://twitter.com/SeamusFD
SeamusFD
Owner

Postby acomputerdog » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:01 pm

SeamusFD wrote:Great!! I hope to see great things in the future!!

There should be a lot of great things coming from this rewrite! Mumfrey showed me his "LiteLoader as an API framework" rewrite and it has amazing potential! Basically LL becomes, instead of an API itself, an API loading framework that is designed to load APIs and their mods. It has internal checking to see what APIs mods need, and will display a message for a missing API. APIs can interact with LL to control the mod loading, and they can offer "events" to LL that will be distributed to mods automatically. It's really cool. With enough people developing other APIs using the LL framework, it could be a serious competitor to forge!
Image Image
acomputerdog
Owner

Postby SeamusFD » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:40 pm

acomputerdog wrote:
SeamusFD wrote:Great!! I hope to see great things in the future!!

There should be a lot of great things coming from this rewrite! Mumfrey showed me his "LiteLoader as an API framework" rewrite and it has amazing potential! Basically LL becomes, instead of an API itself, an API loading framework that is designed to load APIs and their mods. It has internal checking to see what APIs mods need, and will display a message for a missing API. APIs can interact with LL to control the mod loading, and they can offer "events" to LL that will be distributed to mods automatically. It's really cool. With enough people developing other APIs using the LL framework, it could be a serious competitor to forge!

Awesome! I don't know how much longer forge is going to last but hopefully modders will have a usable alternate if Forge goes aways!
SeamusFD
Owner

Postby big_Xplosion » Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:19 pm

awesome dude, because of this I think I will do a rewrite for the installer though and maybe make it more generic. Also, I've been thinking about just making an addon for ForgeGradle to install BlazeLoader as LiteLoader will be able to installed via ForgeGradle.
big_Xplosion
Owner

Postby acomputerdog » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:33 am

big_Xplosion wrote:awesome dude, because of this I think I will do a rewrite for the installer though and maybe make it more generic. Also, I've been thinking about just making an addon for ForgeGradle to install BlazeLoader as LiteLoader will be able to installed via ForgeGradle.

That would be great, although I would wait until after the rewrite since Seamus_FD is planning to host the BL downloads on BlazeLoader.com.
Image Image
acomputerdog
Owner

Postby big_Xplosion » Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:55 am

acomputerdog wrote:That would be great, although I would wait until after the rewrite since Seamus_FD is planning to host the BL downloads on BlazeLoader.com.

yeah I know but I'm just planning out some stuff and thinking ahead. But also, changing one link wouldn't be that hard to right :P ?

btw, this leads me to thinking that it would be easy to mavenize the BL downloads for easy access.
big_Xplosion
Owner

Postby SeamusFD » Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:14 pm

big_Xplosion wrote:
acomputerdog wrote:That would be great, although I would wait until after the rewrite since Seamus_FD is planning to host the BL downloads on BlazeLoader.com.

yeah I know but I'm just planning out some stuff and thinking ahead. But also, changing one link wouldn't be that hard to right :P ?

btw, this leads me to thinking that it would be easy to mavenize the BL downloads for easy access.

Yes I am planning to do so, and I have monday off school so I should be able to do it then...
SeamusFD
Owner

Return to News